In a few months, I’ll be getting married. Somehow, getting married has become synonymous with receiving gifts. While I’m certainly not complaining, it’s been interesting to see who chooses what for us, and why. Most recently, at my bridal shower, I was gifted a handful of floral notebooks. Why? Because I’m a writer, and writers need notebooks. As someone who is a writer, and a collector of notebooks – I couldn’t help but to smile. But, what about those writers who long for a bit more than a blank notebook?
The 5 Best Gifts for the Writers in Your Life
- Out of Print Clothing – For the writer in your life that also enjoys fashionable duds, I highly recommend checking out Out of Print Clothing. Recently purchased by Penguin Random House, Out of Print offers clothing and accessories inspired by an array of reads.
- A DIY Writing Retreat – Spending the weekend at a retreat for writers has always been a dream of mine. Unfortunately, living out that dream can cost a pretty penny. That is, unless, you book a room in your favorite town or city, and do your own DIY retreat. Gift your favorite writer a night away, and they’ll be sure to appreciate the opportunity to DIY their own retreat.
- Noise Canceling Headphones – I’m the kind of writer that needs complete silence when getting down to business. Because of this, I’ve become a lover of headphones. For the writer in your life, why not consider a pair of comfortable, noise canceling headphones?
- An Audible Membership – For writers that enjoy long walks, or are faced with a daily commute, a membership to Audible can be pretty fantastic. With thousands upon thousands of audiobooks to choose from, your friend will be sure to enjoy diving in to their favorite reads with this convenient app.
- Story Cubes – Every writer experiences writer’s block. It’s a fact. Naturally, there are companies that have tried to capitalize on this issue by creating products meant to cure the ailment. Story Cubes, is one of these products. Cheap, easy, and decently entertaining, Story Cubes make for an affordable, fun-to-use gift.
Can’t I Just Buy a Gift Certificate? Or Another Notebook?
Of course you can. As a writer, and avid reader, I always appreciate a blank notebook, or a gift certificate to my favorite bookstore. We all do. And if you have another gift to suggest? Share it below!